Your privacy is important. For that reason, we only collect the bare minimum to maintain this website.
Michael Holiday Books is referred to as "we", "Michael Holiday", "us", and "MH Books." The end-user of michaelholidaybooks.com is referred to as "you", "the user", or "the end-user."
What data is collected?
We collect the following information via a self-hosted Umami Analytics server:
- Page URL- We use this to see how many times a page has been viewed
- HTTP referer- We use this to see how many people are coming from certain websites
- Browser- We use this to see what browsers and browser versions are being used
- Operating system- We use this to see what operating systems are being used
- Device type- We use this to see what kinds of devices are being used (desktop, laptop, mobile)
- Vistor country- We use this to get a general idea of where users are from. This is found using the visitor's IP address, which is only used to find said country and then is discarded. It is never stored in our database or logs.
None of this data can be linked back to you by us.
Why is this data collected/used?
This data allows us to properly fix bugs and issues with the website, as well as better adjust the site in the future for more people to be able to use it properly.
What data is shared, sold, or transfered?
We do not share, sell, or transfer any data collected with any third-parties. Data is stored on a server on uberspace in Germany.
Who has access to this data?
Governments or law enforcement may request data from Uberspace or Matt Ronchetto (doamatto), to which we have no control over. We cannot respond to legal requests as we do not collect any data.
Who process this data?
The data is processed by the following parties:
- Vercel and their subprocessors: They host this site. They do not mention, as of writing, who powers their services.
- Uberspace and their subprocessors: They host the Umami Analytics server. The servers we use are located in Germany.
- Matt Ronchetto (doamatto): He is the developer and designer of this website, and is the maintainer of the Umami Analytics server.
- You: You can access all the data collected by this site at any time [via the Umami public dashboard](https://u.nneko.me/share/3tCNgkcP).
What if there's a data breach?
In the event of a data breach at Vercel, we cannot do anything to notify users as we do not collect any data to do so, nor any identifiable data. A notification banner will be displayed to spread awareness of such a breach, however.
Where can I find past versions of this policy?
You can write to legal [at] michaelholidaybooks.com to get help as swiftly as possible on amending and fixing this document, as well as get answers to questions regarding this policy.
2021-06-16: Replace Plausible Analytics with Umami. Replace Google Cloud Platform (US) with Uberspace (DE).
2021-05-21: Replace Vercel Analytics with Plausible AnalyticsLast updated on: May 21st, 2021.